Latest issues with Gmail
Collecting the latest reports...
Nov 30, 2023
Some Gmail users experienced a delay in sending emails globally for a duration of 4 hours and 45 minutes.
July 6, 2023
Gmail experienced elevated errors in some of its core functionalities due to internal task issues.
May 5, 2023
Multiple Google services, including GCP and Workspace, experienced an outage for a duration of up to 56 minutes in and around Spain/Morocco
Feb 27, 2023
Multiple Google Cloud Platform and Google Workspace services experienced elevated error rates for 13 minutes due to packet loss on Google’s production backbone network.
Mailmeteor is an email marketing platform that works seamlessly with Gmail. If ever Gmail is down for you, you can schedule your emails with Mailmeteor and we will make sure to send them once Gmail is back online.Give us a try →
Trusted by 5 million professionals
Questions & answers about "Is Gmail Down?"
Everything you need to know about how we monitor Gmail and why.
Is there any issue in Gmail today?
, there are no major outage reported with Gmail. Less than 2 issues have been reported in the last hour, which is quite normal for such a big emailing service provider. If you are experiencing an issue, you can report it right now.
Why is Gmail not working?
There could be a number of reasons why Gmail is not working for you. Here are some common issues and their solutions:
- Internet connection: Make sure that you have a stable internet connection. If your internet connection is weak or not working, then you may not be able to access Gmail.
- Browser issues: If you're using an outdated or unsupported browser, you may experience problems with Gmail. Try accessing Gmail from a different device or browser: If you can access Gmail from another device or browser, then the issue may be specific to your original device or browser.
- Incorrect login credentials: Double-check that you are entering the correct email address and password. If you have forgotten your password, use the "Forgot Password" feature to reset it.
- Account locked or disabled: If you have violated Gmail's terms of service or your account has been compromised, your account may be temporarily or permanently disabled. Contact Gmail support for assistance.
- Server issues: Gmail may experience server issues from time to time. As of now, Gmail seems up and running but you might be the first one being affected. Please report your issue by clicking here.
If none of these solutions work, you may also seek further assistance from Gmail Help Center.
Is Gmail down or is it just me?
According to the community reports, it's just you. , Gmail is up and running. If you feel like lots of people are impacted, please report the issue right away.
When was Gmail's latest outage?
Gmail's latest major outage was on Dec 10, 2022 and lasted 4 hours and 23 minutes. It impacted millions of users worldwide, especially in India.
What's been Gmail's biggest outage in recent years?
The Gmail outage that occurred on December 14, 2020, was a major disruption that affected a large number of users worldwide. The outage began around 6:30 AM Eastern Standard Time and lasted for several hours, with some users reporting that their email service was down for up to 12 hours.
During the outage, users reported being unable to access their emails, send or receive emails, or access other Gmail functions, such as Google Drive and Google Meet. The outage also affected other Google services, including Google Calendar and Google Docs.
Google confirmed the outage on its official Twitter account and apologized for the inconvenience caused to its users. The company stated that the outage was caused by an internal storage quota issue, which triggered a cascade of errors that affected multiple Google services.
The outage affected both personal and business users, and many people reported that it had a significant impact on their daily work and productivity. Google stated that it was working to resolve the issue as quickly as possible, and by the evening of December 14, most users reported that their email service had been restored.
How many service disruptions has Gmail experienced in 2022?
Gmail has experienced eight outages in 2022:
- March 22, 2022 for 1 hour, 45 minutes
- April 27, 2022 for 1 hour, 5 minutes
- July 7, 2022 for 2 days, 17 hours
- July 18, 2022 for 11 days, 7 hours
- September 7, 2022 for 14 hours, 25 minutes
- November 14, 2022 for 38 minutes
- December 10, 2022 for 4 hours, 23 minutes
- December 13, 2022 for 2 hours, 30 minutes
Throughout the year 2022, Gmail experienced 4 days 4 hours and 53 minutes of downtime, resulting in an overall uptime of 98.848%. The service operated without interruption for the longest period of 71 days between April 27 and July 7.
How many service disruptions has Gmail experienced in 2021?
Gmail has experienced three outages in 2021:
- January 20, 2021 for 2 hours and 15 minutes
- March 22, 2021 for 7 hours and 13 minutes
- November 12, 2021, for 1 hour and 56 minutes
Throughout the year 2021, Gmail experienced 11 hours and 24 minutes of downtime, resulting in an overall uptime of 99.9987%. The service operated without interruption for the longest period of 235 days between March 22 and November 12.
How many service disruptions has Gmail experienced in 2020?
Gmail has experienced eleven outages in 2020:
- March 4, 2020 for 2 hours and 41 minutes
- March 26, 2020 for 1 hour and 9 minutes
- April 8, 2020 for 54 minutes
- June 30, 2020 for 4 hours, 54 minutes
- August 20, 2020 for 5 hours, 41 minutes
- September 25, 2020 for 37 minutes
- November 3, 2020 for 3 hours, 24 minutes
- December 14, 2020 for 57 minutes
- December 14, 2020 for 25 minutes
- December 15, 2020 for 1 hour, 10 minutes
- December 15, 2020 for 2 hours, 22 minutes
Throughout the year 2020, Gmail experienced 22 hours and 14 minutes of downtime, resulting in an overall uptime of 99.9975%. The service operated without interruption for the longest period of 83 days between April 8 and June 30.
Why is my Gmail not receiving emails?
If your Gmail account is not receiving emails, there could be a number of reasons why. Here are a few common issues and their solutions:
- Check your spam folder: Sometimes legitimate emails can be filtered into the spam folder. Check your spam folder to see if the missing emails are there. If they are, you can mark them as "Not Spam" to ensure that they appear in your inbox in the future.
- Check your filters: Check to see if you have any filters set up that may be automatically moving emails to a different folder. Go to "Settings" > "Filters" to review your filters.
- Check your email forwarding settings: If you have set up email forwarding, check to see if the forwarding address is correct and that forwarding is enabled.
- Check your storage limit: Gmail offers a limited amount of storage, and if you have exceeded that limit, you may not be able to receive new emails. Check your storage usage in "Settings" > "Storage" to see if you need to delete old emails or purchase additional storage.
- Check with the sender: The sender may have entered your email address incorrectly or their email may have been bounced back as undeliverable. Ask the sender to double-check the email address they used to send the email.
If none of these solutions work, you may need to seek further assistance from Gmail technical support.
How does "Is Gmail Down?" work?
When you report an issue affecting your Gmail account, we aggregate your reports with hundreds of daily reports. While it is normal for some users to report issues, an outage is determined when reports are significantly higher than usual.
How to use Is Gmail Down?
Whenever you are affected by a problem on your Gmail account, you can check the overall status of Gmail using this free service. If ever a service interruption or an outage is detected, we'll let you know so you can take further actions.
Is Gmail Down a free service?
Yes! "Is Gmail Down?" is totally free to use. Mailmeteor makes it available to anyone interested in monitoring Gmail (and more broadly Google Workspace services).
How many reports can I send per day?
We apply a fair-use policy, so you are free to report as many issues as you have - as long as you don't abuse of it. Any abuse includes, but is not limited to, making automatic requests to our service.
Does "Is Gmail Down?" collect my data?
Your data stays yours - like all products made by Mailmeteor. Is Gmail Down does not collect any data from you. Reports are fully anonymous and we don't save your any personally identifiable information (PII).
What to do when Gmail is down?
If you have really urgent matters, Mailmeteor can help you send emails to send them at a later date. Mailmeteor lets you send mass emails in Gmail that feel personal. It's the most popular Gmail mail merge tool, Trusted by 5 million people worldwide for its simplicity and privacy focus.